The thought of soaking your hair in oil may sound a little strange. If you are unfamiliar with hair oils, here are the basics: Most items promoted as growth oils for hair will not speed up hair development; instead, they encourage growth by,
- Reducing breakage
- Reducing damage
- Leading to healthier hair growth
- Leading to longer hair strands
- Making hair strands softer
The advantages of beauty oils for your skin, nails, and hair are widely available in beauty blogs, magazines, etc. And for splendid reasons—beauty oils aid in hydration, nourishment, repairing, and other things. Both argan and castor oil have amazing hair-enhancing qualities which are the ideal solution for your damaged hair.
If you are not convinced yet, let us get to know both oils, their uses, and their benefits for stronger and longer hair.
What is Argan Oil?
By protecting hair strands and sealing hair cuticles, argan oil can improve the appearance and feel of hair. Additionally, it’s widely available in modern shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments, making it simple to benefit.
What Is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is an all-rounder oil, utilized by humans for many reasons for thousands of years. This oil is from the Ricinus communis plant’s seeds.
Castor oil is often part of hair care for its benefits as a hair growth stimulant and moisturizer. It is also available as a skin care product additive.
What Are The Benefits of Argan Oil?
- Moisturizes Hair: Argan oil has a smaller molecule than other hair oils, which allows it to penetrate the hair more readily to hydrate and soften it, acting as a moisturizer for hair.
- Reduces Breakage: Unsaturated fats in argan oil can enter the hair strand, sealing the cuticle gaps in damaged hair and giving it a healthier appearance.
- Reduces Scalp Issues: Additionally, it’s thought that argan oil has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties that can help calm sensitive or irritated scalps.
- Repairs Colored Hair Damage: Whether the damage to the hair is the result of perms, color treatments, or general dryness, argan oil can help it regain some shine.
What Are The Benefits of Castor Oil?
- Smoothens Hair: Castor oil can add shine and smoothens the outer protective hair cuticle when added to leave-in conditioners or pre-shampoo hair treatments.
- Nourishes Hair: As an emollient, castor oil can make hair feel less dry.
- Increases Scalp Health: It promotes the scalp’s health by reducing dangerous germs and fungi on the scalp with its antibacterial capabilities.
- Reduces Breakage & Split Ends: It can shield the hair from breaking and further damage by covering the hair shaft.
- Cleans Scalp & Hair: Castor oil absorbs dirt, which is a surprising benefit.
Best Way To Use Argan Oil For Healthier Hair
Applying argan oil will automatically improve any hair product with its “restorative and nourishing” capabilities. The following are some of the ideal methods for including argan oil in your hair care routine:
- Apply on Ends: To your ends, apply pure argan oil. Hair oils will make the hair softer and have a great anti-frizz impact. You should apply argan oil to the middle to lower layers of your hair to avoid weighing down your natural hair pattern and not make your roots greasy.
- Apply Argan Oil Hair Mask: Hair masks may replenish moisture for an added boost. And a hair mask with argan oil’s conditioning qualities can help stop breakage. For excellent detangling results, apply a hair mask to your hair after shampooing, then rinse it out like you would a conditioner.
- Consider Products with Argan Oil: Argan oil by itself falls short of the conditioner’s ability to smooth hair. So, take things a step further and choose a conditioner or anti-frizz product that contains argan oil.
Best Argan Oil Hair Products
- Moroccanoil Argan Oil Treatment Original
Get the hair you have always wanted—silky, lustrous, and healthy. The product that invented oil-infused hair care and started the global craze for argan oil is called Moroccanoil Treatment.
Moroccanoil Treatment, the original styling base, works as a conditioning, styling, and finishing product. It contains vitamins that boost shine as well as argan oil, which is full of antioxidants.
- Detangles hair
- Speeds up drying time
- Increases shine
- Nourishes and smoothens hair with each use
- PURA D’OR Healing Argan Oil Conditioner
This exclusive, lightweight detangling product made 99% from plants makes strands easier to manage and offers intense shine without leaving behind residue.
A nourishing and frizz-controlling mix of lavender oil, vanilla extract, argan oil, and quality natural components makes the conditioner’s formula.
- Tames frizz
- Environmentally friendly
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Rarely found in stores
Best Way To Use Castor Oil For Longer Hair
Castor oil is on the thicker side and might make the scalp greasy. It shouldn’t be used every day and should be considered a weekly treatment.
- Once a week, use a tiny amount of castor oil on dry hair, letting it sit for at least 30 minutes, and then wash it out with a clarifying shampoo.
- You can combine it with other hair oils like coconut or almond oil to balance the texture. Pure castor oil is highly thick, so if you use too much—your hair may feel oily and weighed down.
- You can also use castor oil-based pre-shampoo conditioning treatment on the hair. This treatment can increase the hair’s elasticity, gloss, and smoothness. Keep the treatment on for 20 minutes to overnight, depending on your hair type and the instructions on the product.
Best Castor Oil Hair Products
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep-Conditioning Hair Mask Treatment
All hair types benefit from Philip Kingsley‘s multi-award-winning moisturizing hair mask. It promotes elasticity, manageability, bounce, and shine with a super nourishing pre-shampoo hair mask treatment.
Regular use makes hair stronger, healthier-looking, and less likely to break. Additionally, it can be used as an intensive anti-frizz treatment and as an overnight conditioner for very dry, brittle, or damaged hair (particularly from bleaching and coloring).
- Hydrates all hair types
- Adds flexibility and bounce
- Reduces breakage
- Deeply conditions
- Need to use a lot in the first few uses
- Briogeo B. Well Organic + Cold-Pressed 100% castor oil
This cold-pressed castor oil is 100% pure, organic, and supportive of healthy hair, scalp, skin, and brows.
For harvesting, they use a unique cold-pressed extraction technique that protects vital components. It produces the most potent fatty-acid and mineral-rich formula possible.
It treats the scalp and nourishes your hairline, tames flyaway, and conditions strands.
- Paraben Free
- Treats dry and flaky scalp
- Nourishes hair
Frequently Asked Questions: Argan & Castor Oil
- Do I apply argan oil on dry hair or wet hair?
Both dry and wet hair can benefit from argan oil.
You can use it as a hydrating leave-in conditioner. It serves to shield hair from heat when blow-drying or styling wet hair. A few drops of argan oil can boost the shine of your locks on dry hair.
- How frequently must I use argan oil on my hair?
Argan oil can be used in your hair 2 to 3 times a week to ease you into it.
Adjust as necessary based on how well your hair and scalp skin can handle it at that point. While damaged or dry hair types can be a little more generous, oily hair types will probably want to be more reserved.
Cleaning your hair at the end of the day is crucial because argan oil can leave behind some residue.
- Are there any effects of castor oil: hair loss or damage?
Castor oil can have negative consequences, but they often have to do with the scalp and shouldn’t result in hair loss.
If certain people have skin sensitivity, castor oil might be problematic when applied to the scalp.
Avoid it if you have seborrheic dermatitis or another condition that causes your scalp to be flaky and oily. Since adding castor oil to your scalp and leaving it on can worsens the problem.
- What types of hair respond best to castor oil?
Castor oil is perfect for all hair types that are dry or frizzy.
Search for lightweight creams or oil-rich pre-shampoo treatments since they won’t weigh down even the healthy hair. It is best if you do not use leave-in castor oil products if you have fine hair because they can be heavy on strands.
You can apply castor oil if you have a dry scalp, brittle, or damaged hair; however, you should avoid it if you have dandruff or a flaky scalp.
Final Note From Beonon
Hair needs to be flowy, shiny, and voluminous to enhance your beauty! To have healthy hair, you need to take special care. Having a hair care routine will not take much time—argan and castor oils are the perfect beauty oils to care for your hair. You can also try on some of the hair products to repair and soften hair.
Healthy hair means healthy you. Healthy you means we are happy to help!